Sunday, December 14, 2008

Kahless's Challenge - 10 honest things about me.

10 honest things about myself

I have lived by myself for 24 years, with only a fur kid for company for the past 16 and three quarters.

I am afraid of spiders and anything that crawls, jumps, stings, bites and has more legs than it should.

I wish I had started therapy years ago and then I might not have been so afraid of life and people.

I am afraid of having a heart attack because of a family history and get anxious at the least pain.

I love reading and if I haven’t got a book I’ve been known to read anything in desperation!!

I feel restless inside, particularly with therapy, because I want to express myself in other ways. I want to do, not just sit and talk. Poetry was a start.

Life hasn’t turned out how I dreamed it would be and that’s a disappointment. I dreamed of children and a family – a nice big family. And someone to love me.

If I could I would have a place where rescued animals could go, be rehabilitated and found new homes or if they were wildlife, released.

I am still afraid of being with people, with a feeling inside that I have overstayed my welcome or I’m not really wanted.

I am so happy that I have been working on myself the last few years because it’s better late than never and I believe I can, if not change, alter in some way the messages I have from childhood.

Kazza

6 comments:

Kahless said...

Thanks for posting this.
I am pleased you have been looking after you too. Its never too late as you say.

xx.

KazzaB said...

Hi Kahless, no I don't think it is too late, although it feels like bloody hard work sometimes. One step forward and two steps backward, as they say. But I don't regret bringing secrets into the open and doing therapy. It's worth it.

Hugs, Kazza

Clueless said...

Hello KazzaB,

New face. First time here, I liked this challenge, but I still haven't been brave enough to do it yet. One thing stuck out, is that you wished that you would have started earlier in therapy. I've been in therapy a total of 17 years and I don't think that it is ever too late. Some people never get to the point where you are.

My therapist tells me I take three steps forward and two back, but the overall movement is forward and that is the important part. Therapy really isn't linear anyway. The best to you in therapy and all of life this coming year.

CC

KazzaB said...

Hi CC
The reason I wish I'd started therapy much earlier is because I feel there were a lot of wasted years and a lot of missed life to live. I tried getting therapy in my early 20's but unfortunately didn't find the right therapist. I'm so glad it was better later than never though and I've come a long way since I started therapy. I think I have moved forward consistently and the backward steps are a bit less now.

All the best for 2009 CC!!

Clueless said...

Finding the right therapist and match is so difficult. I went through almost a dozen...most of them I didn't prematurely terminate. I really feel blessed for who I have.

Happy 2009 to you!!!

KazzaB said...

I agree CC - finding the right therapist is so important and I've been very lucky with mine.

Happy 2009 to you too!!