He almost looks like he's smiling in this photo!!
Today I went to a wildlife park which is in the process of being converted into a black cockatoo sanctuary. My friend's brother has taken over the lease and rescues injured birds - mainly black cockatoos. Black cockatoos are at risk of being wiped out, particularly with their habitat being taken over by urban sprawl.
Feed Time!!
They have a baby cockatoo there at the moment and I got to have a hold of him. He's gorgeous and is being hand fed, so I watched while my friend fed him with a syringe.
I get a hold!!
If you want to know more about black cockatoos: cockatoos
I'll post some more photos later.
Kazza

4 comments:
Isn't he/she gorgeous Kazza. And so are you.
Yes, he/she is gorgeous. I was talking to her when she was in her box and I'm sure she was showing off for me. I think she'll be a little character. Cockatoos are characters, like parrots.
Ditto to Mads' comment.
Oh, and do they bite?
Hi Kahless, yes they can definitely bite, although this baby probably won't when he grows up because he's used to people. A parrot or a cockatoo can give a really nasty bite because they're beaks are so strong. They bite through nuts, like almonds and you know how tough they can be to crack, so a finger would be nothing!!
Post a Comment