Thursday, December 18, 2008

Choices









It’s nearly Christmas time
Family time, friends, gatherings
And once more I cut myself off
The word no comes out of my mouth
More often than the word yes
I want to be alone, in a glass box
That shields me from others
I’m thoughtful, foraging deep
But no answers come to my mind
I want to wrap myself in protection
Afraid always of doing something wrong
So I will be alone, in my own world
Of my making, of my choice
To make of it what I will
To be, in the only way I know how.

Kazza

2 comments:

Kahless said...

I am glad you made a choice about christmas.

Choice is good.

{{{Kazza}}}

KazzaB said...

I am too Kahless. I've just got to make sure I don't get down now when I am by myself for Christmas. But it was my choice and I'll do everything to make sure I enjoy it.

((((Kahless))))