
I’m listening to John Denver and for some reason whenever I play his music it strikes a deep chord in me. My favourites would have to be Rocky Mountain High. I like to turn it right up and just let the words wash over me. The other one is Take Me Home Country Roads, although I have been a city girl for well over 20 years. I would never want to live in the country again.
I tend to like the older music. At the moment I’m playing Elton John. But not his recent hits – I like all his old hits. Rocket Man, Candle in the Wind and Daniel. I also like Neil Diamond and I play his CD’s quite often. I saw him in concert years ago and wished I’d been closer to the stage. I also saw Tom Jones in concert and while I don’t really play his music much now, I do like it. All the old songs like green, green grass of home. I think I’m an old fashioned girl in my music tastes. I also have the Eagles and their hit Hotel California, which I love.
I find that I can spend a whole day in silence without thinking of putting on music but when I do I really enjoy it. I used to have the radio on all the time but I hate listening to the news report every hour. I think we need a break from the news, otherwise it can become overwhelming.
I wonder why some music strikes a chord more than others? I really didn’t think John Denver’s music would bring a tear to my eye but I’ve been known to cry with his music. Depending on my mood. Calypso is another song I like of John Denver’s. It’s a very uplifting song. It was a huge loss when John Denver died but he has left behind beautiful music.

Kazza

3 comments:
John Denver?
Nooooooooo!!!!
Mind you, we sing a footie song to John Denvers
Take Me Home
To the place
Where I belong
To Old Trafford
To see United
Take Me Home
Country Road.
LOL, I thought I might get that reaction!! I love country music. My real favourite used to be Slim Dusty and it was like losing a grandfather when he died. He was real salt of the earth and there will never be another one like him.
See, at least John Denvers song is useful, re your footie song!! LOL
I like the songs you quoted - Daniel... beautiful!
Don't overly love Slim type music but he did do some work with his style and is quite well known through out the music scene.
Perhaps it was the man that made the music rather than anything else. Bit different in the music scene these days isn't it?
Cheers... roses
Post a Comment