***Please note that this poem is a dark one but I'm not about to do anything silly, like harm myself or commit suicide. It's just how I feel at the moment, not a reflection of anything I'm about to do***
Splashes of red on a white stark background
Pale skin, blood drained from its features
Sharp blades, stained and rusted
A bottle of pills, the label soaked with red
Fate, which was always going to catch up
Images in a mind trying to go blank
A lifeless body, vitality drained away
A cry that never left her lips, tears on her face
No chance to say goodbye, no wish to say goodbye
Just life that has slipped away, unable to explain
Why? Words still stuck in her throat
Never to see the light of day, too hard
Too overwhelming, too lonely, too unloved
Too late.
Kaz
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I wonder, was she unable to explain because there was no-one to listen, or no-one that would understand or that she didn't really have the understanding herself. Rather just felt a life that was empty and meaningless?
I think that it's the stuff inside that she can't express Kahless. She doesn't understand herself and she certainly doesn't think anyone else will. Or maybe she does understand but thinks it's just too late. Life's been spent too much alone and she doesn't really know how to change that. Sometimes things are too hard to deal with and she knows what she needs and wants is not what she will ever get. It's only other people who get what they want and they don't even recognise what it is they have. So in the end I suppose she only sees one way out.
I understand.
(and also I do feel sad for her.)
Post a Comment