I walked a golden path
Strewn with bright red leaves
They crunched underfoot
Like lots of shattered glass
I felt a calmness within me
A total sense of peace
The child within was free
She’d awoken from her sleep
A curiosity was within
An awareness of the world
And I listened intently
As a bird sang nearby
And the breeze gently blew
A small whisper on my face
I continued to walk
Stopping often to look
Something would catch my eye
And the child would reach out
This was something new
This sense of being free
A childhood that was so restricted
Was suddenly presented afresh
Look what could have been
The curiosity of a child
When everything in the world is so new
And the colours look so bright
Like paint splashed upon the earth
I took a deep breath
And my daydream melted away
But I know I’ll visit my special spot
When my child wants to come out and play.
Kaz
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Makes me think of a question. If we could go back to childhood again and relive out child years again with a different family would we do it? Or is it best to just nuture that child ourselves now?
Good question Kahless. I loved my Grandad, my Dad's dad and I wouldn't replace having him in my life for anything. If I had to have a different family and it didn't include him, then no, I wouldn't have a different family. I think it's best to nurture the child within us now. Or grow to understand the little girl more that I was because I know I don't always look at her from a child's point of view but an adults. I can look at someone being horrified at what a child goes thru, know I've been thru something similar and still not feel horrified for myself. I don't know if I'm explaining it well. Might post something about that soon.
KazzaB
Post a Comment