Monday, May 26, 2008

Chookie Girl

I took some photos this afternoon because I wanted an updated photo of chookie girl, originally called Mabel. I had two chickens, both battery hens so when they came to me they looked a bit scraggly. One chicken died but I still have the other chicken, who is quite a character. She clucks away to me in her own lingo and is determined that one day she'll get a claw into the house, which is going to remain a distant dream, little does she know. She has the run of the back yard, even though I have a chook pen down the back.





Chookies "house"



Part of my backyard



Chookie Girl (Mabel) - thinks she rules the roost!!

Kaz

6 comments:

Kahless said...

What is Chookie Girl and Misty's relationship like?

KazzaB said...

Misty sort of ignores that Chookie Girl exists and they usually get along fine Kahless!! LOL A couple of times Chookie Girl has pushed her luck but usually they ignore each other. I caught Misty sniffing the chooks bum at one stage so I don't know if she thinks Chookie Girl is a funny sort of dog!! LOL

Rosymosie said...

Great photos Kazza LOL. Chookie girl's a better name than Mable

KazzaB said...

Yeah, I think it's a better name and I've got so used to calling her that it might as well be her name. LOL She's a funny chook. Got real character.

Kahless said...

Has Chookie Girl changed since escaping battery life?

KazzaB said...

Yeah, I would say she's changed Kahless. LOL She came to me looking quite scrawny but she looks good now. She hates to be penned up, so she just has the run of the backyard. I don't keep her shut in the chookpen anymore. She's a very sociable chook and I love hearing her cluck away. It sounds like she's asking a question sometimes. LOL