Saturday, January 31, 2009

Eyes

I have a thing about eyes. If there is no other part of the face showing – like just the eyes, it really freaks me out. If there is an ad or article in a magazine, with a photo of just the eyes showing, I have been known to cover them over so I can finish reading the page. I wonder why they get to me so much?

It is the same with web pages. When I have gone into my hotmail account I’ve had advertisements that show just the eyes and I hate it. They seem to be staring right at me and it makes me very uncomfortable. Maybe it is because I can’t tell what the expression is? Sometimes you can if the person is really laughing or has expressive eyes. I wonder if then I wouldn’t mind so much – if I could see their expression and knew what it meant.

I think it is because I need to know if they are angry. I think that’s the reason and eyes look angry without the rest of the face. Probably not logical thinking but that’s how it feels to me. I need to know if they are judging me and I can’t see by just the eyes – I need the whole face. It scares me, just seeing the eyes and no other part of the face. For me it is the stuff of nightmares.

Actually just thinking of it sometimes it freaks me even when the whole face is showing and I'm trying to read an article in a magazine. I can't stand someone staring back at me while I'm trying to read. I'm really a bit of an odd bod, aren't I!!

Funny what pushes our buttons, isn’t it?

Kazza

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah Kazza, it is weird what pushes our buttons. But i like eyes. They say so much and you can tell what's happening in the person some what sometimes.

Eyes, they say, are the windows to our soul - what ever a soul is. *Shrugs* but when eyes look into my eyes we both have the opportunity to learn so much.

Every one's different i suppose. It's all good mate... Cheers

KazzaB said...

Hi Roses, It is people looking out at me from magazines I'm talking about. In real life it doesn't worry me in the least and eyes I agree are the window to the soul.

Yep, everyone's different and that can only be good, otherwise it would be a boring old world if everyone was the same!! :-)

Kahless said...

I was going to say you may not fare well in a strictly muslim country but then I saw it was about eyes in mags rather than RL...

Anonymous said...

Wow! Just in mags? Perhaps not so weird really but definately and obviously affecting you. I like eyes no matter where they are - but you've made me curious and i will notice any differences inside of me when i see eyes in a mag compared with eyes in real life.

Thank you for that...

KazzaB said...

Hi Kahless, muslim women don't worry me, although I must admit I don't like the full dress, that only leaves the eyes showing.

Hi Roses, It's a funny little phobia but it's mainly when I'm reading and there are either just eyes or someones face looking at me. LOL It freaks me out.