
Bare branches, reaching for the sky
Potential within the buds, hidden within
Little green nubs, ready to sprout when the time is right
But for now, no one would know they existed
Hidden within bare branches
Reaching for the sky.
Bare branches, shivering in the breeze
Spindly, pathetic, nothing to inspire poetry
But a hidden beauty, waiting to sprout
Bare branches, outlined against a blue sky
Stark, defenseless against the elements
Hidden depths that no one knows.
Bare branches, waiting for spring to arrive
Anticipation in every little branch, every bud
A long winter passed, it’s stood forlorn, waiting
Its hidden depths waiting to be revealed, patiently
Standing the test of endurance, at long last free
Such a long time coming, finally bursting forward.
Bare branches, with a hint of green
Bees poking around, blossoms starting to show
Birds flitting between bare branches, waiting
Standing stately, standing with pride
Bare branches, reaching for the sky.

Kaz

2 comments:
I love trees
So do I Kahless. This tree is a fruit tree that I have in my back garden and it is fascinating to watch it come back to life after losing all its leaves in winter.
Post a Comment