Monday, June 16, 2008

You think you know me



You think you know me, when you don’t know me at all
I’m a façade, which smiles on the outside
I’m a cauldron of feelings, bubbling over the pot
I’m anger, which wants to destroy her world
I’m sadness, which wants to take away her life
I’m a smile, because that’s what they expect
Good old Kazza, just put her in a box
Throw her away, a rag doll with no use at all
I’m the tears, which people rarely see
I’m loneliness, which wraps me in tentacles, no escape
I’m the one you think you know, but you’ve got me wrong
I’m the one who will surprise you, when you least expect it
The quiet one, put her in a box and hide her away.

Kaz

8 comments:

Kahless said...

My instant reaction when I read this was fantastic.

Yes fantastic because I think this poem hits the right spot.

Sometimes I feel sad that people dont know me, other times I feel really safe in that, other times I delight that I can surprise!

KazzaB said...

I think I feel sometimes that people think they know me and they don't know me at all. Because nobody can know what my thoughts are and I think sometimes it would surprise them to know exactly what it is I'm thinking.
I was angry when I wrote that and upset. I'd seen something that made me feel excluded and that seems to be how I feel with a few things right now. That I get excluded because I'm too quiet to even be noticed.
Anyway, this is my early morning rant. LOL Not even halfway thru my coffee yet!!

Have a good day Kahless.

Anonymous said...

Kazza,
I don't think it would be wise to do that but true, i and all others tend to do that. You can tell by what is being said.

I'm so glad that the limitations others perceive in life don't rule , actually don't even equate in our lives. Aren't you?

Actually Kazza - i'm starting to reach 'melt down' in this exam thing. I can't wait for tomorrow to be over! Cheers...

KazzaB said...

Hey Roses, I feel exactly the same way about the exam. I want it over with!! I am soooooo over study!! LOL I woke up this morning with exam stuff going thru my head. I will be so glad when tomorrow is over. So I understand where you're coming from. Good luck for tomorrow!!

Cheers.......Kazza

Spilling Ink said...

That's a very good poem, Kazza. I can certainly relate to it.

KazzaB said...

Thanks Lynn,

You're right, it is one of those poems I think a lot of us can relate to.

Kazza

Anonymous said...

Well Kazza,
**singing loudly as though I were Kahless at a football match**

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS MY FRIEND....

Enjoy your *you* day to day. Maybe after the house work, i'll get my fingers dirty on some jewellery makeing! Ohh what a great idea!

Congratulations KazzaB!

KazzaB said...

To Roses,

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS......., there ya go, we sang in harmony!! LOL

You have a good day too Roses, relax and enjoy your jewellery making. I bought some beads from Ebay the other day and they posted them out today. Can't wait to get them!! They're glass beads, 1800 pces for only 2.00. And the postage was very reasonable as well.

Cheers..........Kazza