Monday, June 9, 2008

The Box Part 2



There’s a box, sitting in the corner
Long forgotten, dust sprinkling the top
Waiting for discovery, for the magic within
As the top is slowly pulled apart, dust scattering
A spark flies through the air, the contents alive
Two children laugh with pure delight, enchanted
As the contents seem to develop a life of their own
A cape, rich blue in colour, stars scattered throughout
Is pulled from the very depths, shimmering in the light
A man, tall and dark haired, bows down low
The cape now perched on his shoulders, tall hat on his head
With a flourish he reaches into the box, eyes twinkling
What treasure to produce, children giggling with anticipation
A bright coloured rainbow seems to shimmer in the air
Children’s eyes wide, as colours blend into bright lights
Balloons drift towards the ceiling, as a carousel bobs past
Fairy floss appears, the smell of toffee apples floats along
A dove flies through the air and a rabbit comes from nowhere
The box seems to almost be moving, doing a dance on the spot
As light pours out of the top and bubbles head to the ceiling
What other magic is inside, a trumpet plays from within
As the magician starts to do a jig, tap dancing on the lid
The music reaches a crescendo, vibrating as if alive
The magic within is pulsating, bringing the room to life
But suddenly the box is back to normal, dust on its lid
No children, no magician, just a box sitting in the attic
But what’s that written on the side, in letters just faded
Marvin’s Magical travelling show, come one, come all
As the box shakes itself, and laughter echoes inside
The ghosts of an era past, the dust settles gently on the lid
Just waiting for the right moment, to all begin once again

Kaz

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some people think that magic is in the box. But the box is simply where the dreams are stored. The magic isn't even in the magician, though he appears very mysterious and magical indeed.

I went to the gabage tip once Kazza. Among the smell, smoke and flies there was this huge pile... easily as big as a building, and it was all trees or bits of them, grass, weeds, well, vegetation i guess. I stood looking and wondering if i could be bothered striking some of the plants (the ones i knew would strike with a minimum of fuss) when i noticed a large of pot with sticks sticking out of it.

For some reason i picked it up and popped it in the boot. Though the pot was rather large it was plastic, brittle and surprisingly weighed little. No moisture, no life.

I loved that 'death' with a passion. I soaked it in water for a week and took it out for a week then soaked it again for a week and then soaked it over night every week or so.

Kazza, most people would have left it there to become a part of land fill or potting mix - what ever they use the refuse for - perhaps to be burned to ashes. People who don't know what the magic really is.

That plant grew to be a really big lovely large leaf umbrella plant. They're every where, i know, but none of them will ever be as beautiful as this one magical, miracle one.

Life's like that...

roses

KazzaB said...

Funny that it was an umbrella plant Roses because I have one I rescued as well. It was only a stick when I planted it and had been left by the previous tenants in a house I'd moved into. That stick grew into an umbrella plant and has moved another two times with me.

Anonymous said...

Where did my comment go?? You stole it Kazza. I'm sure you dided. !!! (I'm pouting)

duh, for some reason it says I wasn't logged in.

Who am I?? I've got lost.

I tried to say that Ilike the way you've taken one idea and had got the two poems out of it.

I'd better find out who I am so I can log in.

Madeleine

KazzaB said...

Hi MsAnonymous, aka Madeleine!! LOL, I promise I didn't steal your comment. It must have ended up in the magic box. LOL

I liked the idea of having the box be something else as well or dual lives. LOL Not sure how to explain it. Glad you liked it.

I hope you found yourself BTW.

Kazza

Kahless said...

Hi Roses and Kazza,
I have a hydranger which is a cutting of a bush my mum had. Her hydranger was a cutting from one her mum had. My nans hydranger is from a cutting of my great gransmothers hydranger.
How cool is that!

What's next for the box Kazza? Surely it cant stay in the attic?

KazzaB said...

That's great Kahless. The plant has been passed on through generations.

I'm not sure what the box is going to do next. Maybe it's a punk box from the 80's or a box full of old books that come to life..........!! LOL My imagination knows no boundaries!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Kahless! That's real magic! What alovely generational batten! Gosh that's so lovely!

Kazza, if you don't have any kids then you'll have to pass a clipping on to a niece or nephew or even a dear dear friend. So lovely!

roses

KazzaB said...

Roses I had decided not to carry any potplants from house to house, seem I was renting and I'm not really into plants anyway. But I found that because I'd nurtured it from a stick with no buds on it, to a lovely plant with lots of leaves, I couldn't leave it behind!
It seems I can be as soft with plants as I am with animals!! LOL

Cheers........Kazza