Sunday, June 22, 2008

Operation Tidy Up!!



I’ve had a really good throw out today and I’m feeling quite pleased with myself. I’m not really a hoarder. I’m actually very good at throwing stuff out. But all this stuff was from a filing cabinet and I’d got a bit lax after a while and just chucked papers in there willy nilly. The top cabinet of the filing cabinet had got stuck and I’d pulled all the files out. They were all over the floor of my spare room.

So this morning I thought, okay, I’ve got to get motivated and the first thing I need to tackle is the stuff from the filing cabinet. Well, I am about three quarters of the way through sorting out all the papers and I’ve thrown so much paper out. A lot of it was old bills, mainly from 2005, not that far back I suppose. But it was mainly papers that I’d saved from doing courses and from when I was studying before. There was interesting stuff in there too, that I’d forgotten about.

I feel like I’ve got the tidy up, change things and have a good clean bug at the moment. I’ve really let things go because I get busy with my Uni work and because I was feeling low on energy for a while, which I discovered was because a dosage of medication I’m on was too low. So now I feel like I’ve recovered some of my energy and I’m looking at my place, thinking now what can I do. I’m not one of those people whose house has to look like a showpiece all the time – I like my house to be comfortable and lived in.

So starting tomorrow its operation tidy up and clean the house time. A friend said to me recently, how do you keep your floorboards so shiny and I said it’s probably cause I don’t wash them!! Or not often anyway. So maybe it is time to give the house a good winter clean, as opposed to spring clean. Gotta do it when the mood is right otherwise it could be any season and it still won’t get done!!



Kaz

18 comments:

Rosymosie said...

Great, Kazza, you can come and do mine next hehehehe!!

Must admit, I been doing a bit of tidying myself. Nothing too strenuous !!

KazzaB said...

LOL, yeah right - taken me this long to get around to doing mine. And who knows how long the energy to do it will last!!

I can't really move much around but I'm thinking of a couple of changes. Change is as good as a holiday, so they say. Whoever they are!! LOL

Rosymosie said...

So you are having a holiday and a holiday hehehe!!

KazzaB said...

I'd rather be having a real holiday, like someone else I know who is going on a wonderful overseas trip. LOL My holiday is totally boring compared to that!!

One day tho it will be my turn. One day.............sorry, going into a daydream there!! hehehe

Rosymosie said...

One day it will be your turn. right now, it's mine, mine, mine !! And I don't play well with others, so I'm not sharing. So there !!

KazzaB said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww, that's not fair. Yes you will share cause you'll write all about it on your blog, so there!! LOL I reckon I'm going to win a competition then I'll have the money to go on holidays somewhere too. LOL

Rosymosie said...

I've got lotto tickets so I can win money and spend more hehehehe!

KazzaB said...

I've got an entry in a magazine contest to win $100,000 dollars and I reckon I'm going to win. LOL I already have it planned out. New car, holiday.........!! The world will be my oyster. hehehe

Rosymosie said...

$100,000 could be very very useful. I would rather win a couple of million, then I can retire and spend the rest of my life in total comfort, travelling when and where I want.

KazzaB said...

And helping your friends out........??? Like moi??? LOL Any amount would make me happy right now cause it would be more than I've got!! It would be nice tho wouldn't it. I keep entering the puzzles in a magazine to win a car as well. You never know your luck and someone has to win!!

Anonymous said...

Actually Kazza, we're moving. So that's when i'll clean. If you can move every 3-4 years it's easy, you just hose out the house and call the carpet cleaners in to get rid of the access water in the carpets.

Seems to have worked well for me. *giggles*

KazzaB said...

I like that Roses. LOL Sounds like a good idea to me to hose the house out!! I have moved a lot actually and I've only been in this place for a year. I love moving to a lovely clean new place. But it doesn't take long for the dust to find me!!

Kazza

Kahless said...

De-cluttering is good feng shui.

:-)

I need to do that myself but I am going to have a siesta instead!

KazzaB said...

It is good feng shui Kahless. I did more chucking out today and you should see all the paperwork I disposed off!! I've shredded most of it and will give the shredded paper to the pet shop. It has felt so good having a good throw out.

Kazza

Enola said...

Ditto on the moving. Only last time we waited too long - 6 years. That was a LOT of clutter to go through. And now we bought a house with a basement so it is all out of sight out of mind.

Anonymous said...

Yeah! What's with all that dust stuff?!? So annoying!

Anonymous said...

Ohh Enola! So that's what i need. A basement! That's an idea...

Feng shui Kahless? Kind of sounds something like that soup Tony keeps talking about. Very organised soup of cause...

KazzaB said...

Enola my parents moved after 25 years in one house!! Can you imagine how much stuff there was to go through. One way to have a really good clean out.

I love the idea of a basement but I would never go down there!! I have a thing about sheds and storage areas like that. LOL In Australia we have too many creepie crawlies and spiders!!

Kazza