Monday, February 16, 2009

Wandering Mind


What can I do, sitting here pondering my words
I want to write something, but what I cannot think
Write for the sake of it, for something to say
Or put my typing fingers away, read a good book
I think I’ll just meander, take a walk through my mind
It’s thinking about Uni, going back into the fray
Partly scared, partly excited, mostly ready to go back
Boredom is setting in; I’m ready for mind boosting
Thinking about assignments, reading and more
I become aware of sounds, a cricket in the background
The fan making noisy turns, a duck in the yard next door
I’m aware of an ache in my neck, tired eyes
This poem is a mishmash of different things
My mind wanders again, been cranky lately and feeling down
I know why, so maybe that’s good, to be aware
I don’t like being like that, on the verge of tears all the time
Feel like I’m all alone, very much alone, not a nice feeling at all
My mind jumps to other things, hearing a car out the front
My neighbour working on his boat, so long since I’ve been fishing
Memories of my Grandad bring a smile to my face, I miss him so much
A train toots its horn in the distance, wind chimes jangle in the breeze
I wondered what life was all about last night, whether it was worth it
Misty comes to see what I’m doing, has a doggy talk to me
The breeze is getting brisk; I love the sound of the wind
I didn’t want to be here last night, now I’m glad I am

Kazza

7 comments:

Kahless said...

I am sorry that you are feeling not good at the moment.

I have just gone through a patch where I wondered everyday about what life is about. I have found it best to try and bury those thoughts if possible. Problem is they dont go away.

{{{{hugs}}}}

Anonymous said...

I have no idea what its all about. Wouldn't have the foggiest Kazza. But while we're here, lets make the most of it - just incase there's nothing quite so strange and impossible when we die - on the other side i mean.

I'm angry. I guess one thinks - so... what's new? *Giggles* Its such a motivational emotion!

I'm all excited about uni resuming again soon too. Stress is kind of addictive isn't it?

KazzaB said...

Hi Kahless, I'm feeling a lot better now. I'm over the PMT. It really does get bad some months. I'm thinking of doing something my Dr suggested once before because I really do get so sick of it. The last couple of days have been so different now I'm over it.

KazzaB said...

Hi Roses, I'm back at Uni on Friday for a workshop, then back to proper uni next week. It looks to be an interesting year coming up and I think it will be quite full on.

Anonymous said...

Oh Kazza! I'm glad you're feeling much better now too. I go a little balistic just a day or so before i get a period. I can't even imagine if i had to endure that monthly!

Be well...

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your first day back at uni tomorrow Kazza!

Cheers...

KazzaB said...

Thanks Roses. I've just had a one and a half day workshop, so I'm sorta back into it again already. Won't be so hard to get back into it tomorrow now.