Friday, September 12, 2008

Masks

It happens
Time after time after time
A grief and a deep sadness
A trigger, doesn’t have to be much
But enough to go right to the heart
She puts on a mask
A smiling face and an enjoyment
So that nobody knows how much it hurts
A nagging inside her mind
A knowing that she just isn’t good enough
A picture of a mother
Daughter sitting between her legs
No arms to hold her tight
Child rigid, sitting on the rock
A sense of aloneness, voices teasing her mind
Too heavy to sit on mothers knee
To heavy to be carried inside by dad
And a brother who always got what she wanted
Who wasn’t too heavy, who could be carried
And a child who cried at night time
Where nobody could see her tears
And a sadness that seems to never go away.

Kaz

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel a very strong sense of sadness for that Child, Kazza. Madeleine.

Kahless said...

I feel sad for that child too.
And anger?
Aint fucking fair.

KazzaB said...

What makes me sadder is knowing that it was within myself that I knew I mustn't sit on Mum's knee and I must stay awake so Dad wouldn't have to carry me. I was already so ashamed and so aware that I had to avoid doing anything to add further shame.