Monday, September 8, 2008

It's Over!!






It’s all over!! I have survived the presentation. Not only survived but I enjoyed it. I said to some people today I never ever thought I would be standing in front of a group of people giving an hours presentation like I did today. I had a bit of a rough night last night, possibly because of nerves and was a bit flustered this morning but otherwise I didn’t really even have many nerves. I forgot my watch this morning and remembered when I was at the train station but it was too late to dash back home and get it. So that threw me a bit because I needed it for timing but I ended up borrowing a watch.
I can’t believe how much I enjoyed doing it. I have found that I do love teaching, since I started teaching basic computer. So maybe I have found my niche, who knows. It really amazes me that I have come this far and I was comfortable in front of the group this afternoon. It wasn’t a large group, which helped but even in the past when it’s been a small group I have still got anxious. I could even see myself taking small groups in the future although perhaps not large groups!!
This is from a person who has always had an anxiety problem and has always thought that groups were scary. When I first started my training, which was originally in Transactional Analysis, I hated being in a group. I would get so anxious that sometimes I would sit in the car outside and have to push myself to go in. I have really come a long way since then. I’m proud of myself for having pushed through so many comfort zones and not giving up. I would never have believed it five or six years ago.









Kaz

5 comments:

Rosymosie said...

You rock Kazza girl!!!!!!!!!!!

KazzaB said...

Thanks Rosymosie!! You know, I think I do too!! Is that bragging??? LOL

Rosymosie said...

Yup. That's bragging. And that's great. Bragging is fun !!

Kahless said...

Way to go Kazza.
Congratulations.

So signing up for another presentation soon?

KazzaB said...

I was so pleased Kahless. I think this is the last big presentation tho. I'll still have some smaller presentations before I finish uni. I know next year we do have to take our personal growth group for an hour but it won't really be the same as presenting.