Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Tree















The Start

Bare branches
Stark, bold against the sky
A bud
Just peaking through
A tiny little spot of green
A new leaf
Perhaps
Or a new blossom
A new start
After shivering in the winter

The continuum

Branches with blossoms galore
Pink blossoms
Covering bare branches
Bees seeking nectar
Birds doing the same
A hive of activity
Within a tree come to life
Winters nearly over
Spring is around the corner















Kaz

28 comments:

Rosymosie said...

Kewl Kazza. Will be interesting to see what the poems that follow this tree.

KazzaB said...

Thanks Rosymosie. I'm actually doing them for a unit at Uni but thought I'd put them on here first.

Kahless said...

Kazza, spring may be round the corner for you but I am afraid its autumn round the corner for me lol!

KazzaB said...

Someone said to me today, why has your tree got blossoms already and he reckons that it will have leaf curl, which it does. So evidently my tree shouldn't be full of blossom and will be diseased. It did have fruit on it last year, so we'll see. I think it is a nectarine tree.

Anonymous said...

Oh yum! Nectarines! It appears to be the way of it Kazza. Everything is out of wack for some reason or other. We've had trees beginning to leaf for a little while now - as though it's spring or something. Not that it's been overly warm or anything. *shrugs*

Even if the leaves curl, i hope the nectarines don't. Happy clayton's (sp?) spring! You know... the spring you're having when you're not having a spring?

Kahless said...

Leaf curl is a disease.


http://www.rhs.org.uk/Advice/profiles1200/peach_leaf_curl.asp

Kahless said...

Last link didnt come through properly
try this instead

KazzaB said...

Thanks for the giggle Roses. The spring we have when we're not having a spring. LOL

It's been beautiful weather here the last week. Cold but blue skies and if you can find a patch of sunlight it's lovely.

KazzaB said...

Thanks Kahless. I knew it was a disease but unfortunately I've left it too late to spray. Next year when it loses it's leaves again I'll spray. The fruit was okay though last year.

Did you see that my presentation is a week earlier than I thought!! Yikes!!! LOL

Kahless said...

I had noticed your countdown..

You are going to be ace;
I just now it!

KazzaB said...

I'm doing pretty well with the essay. I need between 3000 - 4000 words and I think I have over 2000. The first week back is when they throw all the assignments and stuff at you and it begins to feel a wee bit overwhelming but I'm not doing too bad. LOL

Kahless said...

Kazza,

I get good senses of people I think.

Are you are fantastic.

I think you will be an excellent counsellor you know.

You will touch people with your understanding, empathy and experience.

KazzaB said...

Thank you Kahless, that's a gorgeous compliment. I hope I will be a good counsellor. Just got to get past this standing up in front of groups thing. LOL We also have to take another group next year for a ongoing unit we have called Personal Growth. But that one won't be too bad I don't think. Could be fun actually.

Kahless said...

I think the standing up in front of groups think only 'gets over' with through practice. the more you do it the easier it can become.

And I mean what I say. And as an "end user" I know what I am talking about lol!!! You are NOT a cynic and I think cynacism is the worst trait in a counsellor. Or one of them!

There is a lot to be said for empathy and understanding. It can heal.

KazzaB said...

Yes, I agree. Cynacism would be one of the worst things to bring into a counselling session. That and sarcasm. Either one would have me not going back.
We have a text book this semester that is hard going but it does focus a lot on the relationship between the client and counsellor. I just wish it was set out a bit different so it is easier to read.

Kahless said...

Why dont text books have any funky pictures in them?

Thats what I want to know!!!

KazzaB said...

LOL, exactly. Some people just don't know how to set it out so that it is easy to read. I like reading role play scenarios as well and this has some but mainly just lots of text.

Kahless said...

***yawn***

I have loads of text books / factual books by my bedside which I start; then get ored with lol!

At least I dont have to take any exams.

I like practical examples myself.

Kahless said...

So when do you get to practice on real life clients?

KazzaB said...

Next year we have a placement for six months I think it is. So sometime next year I'll be let loose on clients. LOL

KazzaB said...

I do love reading non fiction books but unless they are easy to read I'm a bit like you - I'll start one and then lose interest. LOL Or I'll have a couple of non fiction books going and a fiction as well. That's fun juggling them. LOL

KazzaB said...

Did you go to bed Kahless?

Nite Nite...
Sweet Dreams.

((((((Kahless)))))

Kahless said...

Nope sorry...

I am still here.

I hate going to bed.

i say nite nite if I go off to bed!!!


Tell me, are you a wee it scared of dealing with clients, or are you feeling fully equipped?

KazzaB said...

Definitely not fully equiped yet. LOL I think the hard thing too is we have a big break between the end of the year and when we start Uni again, so if the placement is first up, then it is going to feel, I think, like we need a refresher course before we go into the counselling situation. I'll try and get my placement during the second semester I think.

Kahless said...

I guess the phrase the medical profession have applies too

"first do no harm!

lol!!!

I know you wont.
In fact I am getting really excited on your behalf.

You'll be making a difference to some peoples lives.

Cant get much better than that eh?

KazzaB said...

LOL, that's funny because that's exactly what we get told and what I've been telling myself. Do no harm!!

I'm excited about it too and really trying to learn all I can this semester to boost my confidence. Because I think that's got a lot to do with it. The confidence to go in and do my best.

Kahless said...

Maybe this post is an analogy for you... your self confidence blossoming this semester?

And is it maybe the confidence to go in there and be you? (as opposed to the definition to do your best?)

Anyway, I am off to bed now.

Hope you have a good day. And have you given Madeleine that hug for me yet?

:-)

KazzaB said...

That's another thing they say to us Kahless - go in and be ourselves.

Yep, I've given Madeleine that hug for you, defintely. And she's a good hugger too.

Take Care and have a good sleep.

Nite Nite.......
Sweet Dreams

(((((((((Big Hug)))))))))))