Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Anger









You were never there
Not in mind and not in body
Always preoccupied
With him, with everyone else
Not me
The quiet one
Didn’t have to worry about you
That’s what you told me
That’s because you didn’t look hard enough
Always about someone else though
And now I know how true that is
And the hurts too deep to change things now
The anger, which is directed at others
But really belongs to you
Because its you that ignored me
You that ignores how I feel
You that looks towards others
But never towards me
Always someone else who is better
Do you ever really see me?
Or is everything so superficial
That you don’t think beyond yourself
And when the anger surfaces
As it has now
I know only a deep sadness
At how I can’t convince that little girl inside
That she’s worthy of attention too
That she’s important
That she matters as much as anyone else
But she battles
Because you’ve convinced her otherwise.









Kaz

2 comments:

Kahless said...

I love your writing Kazza. I think because I can really understand it.

KazzaB said...

Hi Kahless, thankyou and I know you do understand what I am saying and the feelings behind the writing because I feel the same way about what you write.