
I feel like I have come out of a couple of weeks of feeling like I was completely stuck. I even got up one morning and questioned whether I wanted to continue at Uni. I feel like every time I do an essay it is such an all consuming task. I feel like I have to get everything so perfect in it that it becomes so hard to even put a word down. I think that’s the problem, the hesitation and the agony of typing something that may be wrong. It’s something I’ll have to work on. And as funny as it sounds it is a real pull back sort of feeling, just in case I get it wrong.
Now I have a week until my presentation and I can feel the nerves being there but in a way I’m looking forward to it as well. This week is preparation time where I’ll finish the power point presentation and get all my notes into order. I’ve left the essay for now but will have to come back to that at a later date. I’m not feeling as overwhelmed as I was. I had an essay due today, which was the one that I was feeling so stuck on, I have a skills journal due next Thursday and I have the presentation due on the Monday. I should have the essay ready to hand in as well but the lecturer is pretty good with things like that. He doesn’t stress if it is a bit late.
So I feel like I have come out of the other end a bit. I don’t feel so much like I want to give up Uni although I’ve had a few down days recently. I was trying to figure out why I was feeling so down and why everything was so hard but maybe it is just a combination of things and I have to just ride with them. I think it was just the feeling that I wasn’t going to get everything done and that time was closing in. One week until presentation time – wow.

Kaz

13 comments:
Kazza, you will do great on the presentation. Good work getting a sense of control over the whole uni work load
Thanks Rosymosie. I do feel more in control now but just hate those essays!! LOL
Wow, one week to go already!
I am sure you will do a grand jo because you are preparing. Do you have someone that you can do a dummy run through with? Prep run throughs can be a nightmare / train-wreck but in my experience well worth it as the actual presentation then goes swimmingly.
Last week I volunteered to do a presentation at a conference in London in December. People will be paying to listen to me... cripes!!!!!! When it gets near I will be crapping myself!
I will be thinking of you and make sure you let us know how it goes!
And it is ok to think about quitting uni. I thought about it at several points myself. I even rang up the samaritans (a crisis help line) just before my exams as I was so scared.
But life rocks on and you are a very capable woman. I think you will make a great counsellor. Your passion will show through your presentation and thats why people will love it.
Hi Kahless,
I can definitely find someone to do a dummy run through with. Rosymosie has given me some ideas with time and if I'm running out of time.
Wow, that's fantastic, giving a presentation in London. What's the conference on?
I will write about it when I've given my presentation I promise.
I'm not so ready to give up Uni now but when everything is due and the essay just won't go right, it's tempting. LOL I'm skipping uni today actually cause we only have the unit in the morning, the afternoon one has been cancelled. So I'll get my presentation done and the notes for me when I'm presenting.
Thankyou for your lovely words - they really do give me a boost.
The title
"Developments in Stress testing and Loss Forecasting in retail credit"
Just googled this to give you a flavour of what it is...
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0ITW/is_1_86/ai_n14897369
try this link instead
here
Just had a look and I think I'd rather be giving my presentation!! LOL That sounds very involved.
The link worked. So how much preparation would you have to do for a presentation like that?
So I could come and listen to your presentation Kahless LOL. I'm not sure I would find it interesting though LOL.
Kazza,
I know the subject matter as part of my job. Probably take me a day to decide and write the thing then spend another day practicing. I think. I'll let you know.
Rosymosie; you'll fall asleep! Or would my creative opening amaze you that I'll captivate you for the full hour?
ha!
Anyway; I'm off to bed; new boss starts tomorrow.
Hope you have a g'day!
Nite Nite Kahless
Sweet Dreams.
((((((Hug)))))
Aw cheers!
Post a Comment