Thursday, July 17, 2008

Why

I’m going through a stage of “is there any good in the world”. I know there is but it makes me wonder sometimes at what people can do to each other. I was listening to someone today saying about eating at a restaurant. She was describing a man as looking like a big green frog with rolls of fat who was eating at the same restaurant. He was wearing a green shirt, which was how the comparison with the frog came about. Now, didn’t that man have every right to eat at the restaurant without being laughed at? Even if it wasn’t obvious laughing in front of him, why does this person have to be mentioned in conversation as an object of ridicule? I’m overweight so when I go out to eat, am I going to be the object of someone’s conversation?

I just don’t think people think before they say things. They don’t look at the people around them and wonder if it will offend anyone. Why does there have to be people in the world who will belittle others and make their life as hard as they can? Why does there have to be people who won’t accept others for how they are? They have to try and squash that person down because for some reason they just can’t let other people be. I know there are always going to be bullies in the world but I fail to understand them.

I was looking at a picture of a poor little dog that was in an advertisement for an animal welfare organization. It just tugged at my heartstrings that anyone could pick on something so defenceless. The dog in this ad just looks as if it is thinking, what have I done wrong? It struck me that the world is sometimes a really shitty place. People are so judgemental of others instead of just letting people get on with their lives. They don’t stop to think of the person behind the judgement.

I know there are good people out there. I know there are. It’s just been a shit of a week and I’m left shaking my head at what some people can do to others. For no reason that makes sense.

Kaz

25 comments:

Kahless said...

Funny that I have been thinking similar things recently. Ranging from how man can be so inhumane to how come man can be so judgemental. I hate judgements a lot.

Kahless said...

Some blogs I read about how their authors have been treated makes me think how can some people be so cruel. They must be inhuman. And I was watching a documentary on auchwitz last night...
And genocide stills go on today

Rosymosie said...

It has been a shit of a week, Kazza. It's interesting cause in amongst the inhumane things that humans can do to each other, there are also the good people in there. Cheers, mate.

KazzaB said...

I feel a bit better after my rant last night Kahless. It just surprises me how insensitive people can be about others sometimes. People are very good at making judgements.
I was in the supermarket the other day and looking at eggs. A lady stopped beside me and I'd heard her trying to speak at the deli counter and knew she either had a speech impediment or some sort of problem. So I made a point of talking to her and I actually think not many people must make the effort because she was so pleased I was talking to her. I have a feeling it might have been a hearing problem she had. We are just so ready to judge and not make any effort if someone is different for whatever reason or doesn't fit the "norm".

KazzaB said...

I know there are good people out there and the lady that made the comment about the man is a nice lady too. I think that she maybe just doesn't think or is insensitive. I've heard her make those sorts of comments about people before and has obviously never had to struggle with her weight. Not to any great degree anyway.

Kahless said...

Kazza,
i have been thinking about your post on and off today. About the fact that you mentioned that you are overweight. I realised that when I picture bloggers in my mind I always picture them as thin, unless they have said otherwise. Another blogger said a while back that they were 20 stone+ which wasnt how I pictured them. the strange thing is, months ago I posted a picture of myself on my sidebar for 24hrs as it was a rare occaision that I had a dress on. (It was a posh do I went to.) Someone commented to me that they were surprised by my build as they had always pictured me as overweight.

Isnt it strange what images we conjure up from unrelated info. I always think it would be quite funny if everyone posted what impressions they had of fellow bloggers - how they pictured them. And see how way off the mark it is.

KazzaB said...

I've actually thought before Kahless of how we don't really know what other people who blog look like and how we get an image in our mind. I was reluctant to put that part in about me but did in the end. I don't know why the hesitation but perhaps it comes down to the judgemental bit I said about. Even writing it down I thought will someone be judgemental out there. But even if they are I suppose I just have to think, well, that's their problem.

Anonymous said...

I do not fit into any or the 'normal' catagories Kazza. I'm glad about that.

Disappointment can be so yucky sometimes. Cheers mate - i'm glad you're feeling better now.

We're actually going away for a bit of a holiday next Thursday. We get to be un-normal some where else for a week or so. Hmm, interesting... *giggles*

Kahless said...

Absolutely Kazza. However I know that doesnt necessarily lessen ones feelings about it.

KazzaB said...

No, it doesn't lessen the feelings Kahless.
My week hasn't got better. My hotwater system died yesterday and now I'm without hot water. And the best thing in this cold weather is a nice hot shower. LOL It won't be fixed until tomorrow, if then. Hopefully I won't have to wait until Tuesday or later. It doesn't rain but it pours sometimes.

Kahless said...

Sorry about that.
Sometimes it thunder storms!

KazzaB said...

Yeah it does!! It can only get better now, can't it??? I really think there has been something in the air this week! Everyone seems to have had one of those weeks. LOL

Kahless said...

Yes; sometimes it quite fascinates me how the same thing can ripple round blogland. Strangers can have a shit week or a good week in unison.

Kahless said...

BTW the clock on your comments is wrong!

KazzaB said...

The time is right for here. LOL And I agree, it can sometimes be like that - a ripple effect that goes through everyone. I reckon it must have something to do with the stars. LOL

Kahless said...

The time says it is 5.37pm?
I figured it was really 8.45am?

KazzaB said...

It says 8.45 on mine Kahless. Hang on I'll just check again. LOL

KazzaB said...

Yep, says 8.45 on mine.

Kahless said...

I dont mean the clock on your sidebar; I mean under each separate comment here, there is a date and time....
(look immediately below this comment on blogger)

KazzaB said...

Ahhhhhhhh, yes it is, isn't it. LOL I thought you meant the one on my blog and I couldn't figure it out. LOL I'm not sure how I change the one under the comments. I must have the wrong time zone ticked somewhere.

Kahless said...

Its under the formatting tab...

KazzaB said...

I'm just having a fiddle and trying to change it. One I went into didn't have our time. I think I'm under American time somehow. LOL

KazzaB said...

It's changed. LOL

Anonymous said...

That was the cutest chat i've seen in ages you two! I'm so grinning from ear to ear. Thanks for that...

KazzaB said...

Glad you enjoyed it Roses. LOL