Taking a wander through my mind, words sitting in waiting
A picture flashes into my vision, a path meandering along
Sadness has settled the last two days, no real reason why
I’m learning to sit with it, just to let it be, it’s there for a reason
Unfinished business, a heaviness to it that never seems to go
It feels like it will never be finished and maybe that’s true
I know it will lift, even though its place is in the back of my mind
Betrayal is hard to forget; trust is even harder to regain
A feeling of being less than; of being easy to leave behind
Of being unimportant; it’s hard to shake those feelings
No matter how much I work on it, they remain with me
Too deeply entrenched to ever leave entirely, sitting in my soul
Not really a sad poem this, although maybe in a way
More a reflection, a lost sort of feeling, needing perhaps
Wishes, like butterfly’s floating softly on the breeze
Drifting away, somehow out of reach.
Kazza
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Unfinished business. That has meaning for me. When does it get finished?
I liked your meander. Meandering is good! I love the word meander too!
I love the word meander too Kahless. It is a really descriptive word that conjures up a picture for me, of gently winding roads.
I don't think unfinished business is ever really finished. I think it is how we choose to deal with it which is the issue sometimes. I was sad for a couple of days and I will always have in my mind the hurts that in particular I have from my mother but I don't want to be in that space that doesn't allow for the good things in life as well. Not sure if I'm explaining it right. I think you'll know what I mean tho. For some people that becomes their identity and they become so entrenched in what happened in the past that it affects their life drastically. I don't want that to happen to me.
Post a Comment