Sunday, August 17, 2008

Tired








Tired
Emotions are close to the surface
It’s happening again
And I just have to accept it
Very cryptic this one
Trust
I have to trust
I’m as important
But am I really
Or am I kidding myself
Tired and taking things to heart
She’s taking over again
And I can’t stop her
All the old insecurities are right there
Sometimes I think they’ll never go away
Just too tired to think
But the emotions are there
So I react
To a threat I can’t fight
To a perception that may be wrong
But hits me right inside
I’m not important
I don’t matter
I’ll be ignored
I’m not as good
I’m second best
And I’m too tired to think.

Kaz

4 comments:

Kahless said...

When you talk about trust in this context;

is it a trust in the order of things? I mean not trusting people per se, but events around you?

KazzaB said...

It's trust in another person Kahless. And trust in myself I suppose that I can be as important as someone else but that's sometimes a losing battle.

jumpinginpuddles said...

dear kazzab,
trust is scary but even more so if the person who think you should trust is out of obligation rather than a heart event.

Anonymous said...

Importance, like politics, is a perception.

But that's just too easily said.

((((Kazza)))) - not so much a hug but a protection.