Friday, August 8, 2008

Abandonment










Abandonment
Just a word
To leave
Left behind
Alone
Harsh word perhaps
Not wanted
Pictures
Of a child
Of a mother
Oblivious
In her own world
Not aware of her child’s
Of the impact
Years later
The insecurity
The need
Not recognised
Yearning for nurture
Not trusting
Seeking
But never finding
Wanting so badly
Not to be left
Abandoned
Alone
Ignored









Kaz

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice poem.

Kahless said...

I relate to this. If you don't mind me saying, for me, I would have added on one word at the end. Ignored.

KazzaB said...

Thanks Phoebe.

Hi Kahless - that's another word that could definitely be added.

Kahless said...

Yes, I have been thinking lately that for me the thing that had the most profound impact on me into adult life was the being ignored. In general but then also those times when I was 'bad'. Sucks doesn't it.

KazzaB said...

It does Kahless. I only realised that the sense of abandoment covered so many different things yesterday. It isn't the physical abandonment it is the mentally being abandoned. Not being validated, feelings ignored, emotionally distant mother - just so many different areas that abandonment occured.

Kahless said...

And it drives adult behaviour. It drives fear. It is really powerful.

Tamara (TC) Staples said...

I just found you when I was visiting Kahless' blog. I wanted to say that I really love your poetry.

KazzaB said...

Thankyou Tamara, I'm glad you found my blog......

Cheers.......Kazza