Monday, April 28, 2008

Moving On

I rode through the golden sunset
Upon a horse of silver radiance
I floated along on the tide
Of iridescent clouds hanging in the sky
I looked down on the green land
Where a rainbow touched gold
I saw the lake shimmering
As a fish leapt into the air
I breathed in air fresh and crisp
As the breeze ruffled my hair
I turned to look at where I had been
And knew I couldn’t go back again
As the horse danced its way along
Sparks of florescent light in its wake
I let the horse do what it wanted
And felt it move through the night
I felt the exhilaration and laughed in delight
I felt freer than I had ever felt in my life
Even if this was a dream,
And I’m pretty sure it was
The memory of that ride on my silver horse
Makes me wish for the dream again tonight.

Kaz

5 comments:

Rosymosie said...

Tried to leave a comment, but had trouble remembering who I was.

I love that poem KazzaB

KazzaB said...

Thanks rosymosie, I like that one myself. Very different to what I usually write. I hope you remember who you are now....that could be a problem. LOL

Cheers......KazzaB

Rosymosie said...

I've got too many nicknames LOL.

Could you turn off the word verification thingee. I find them incredibly difficult to read.

Madeleine

Kahless said...

Hi KazzaB,
I was hoping to be the first to comment but drat, Madeleine got in their first!
:P

I love the poem but I am intrigued from your comment what you normally write. Guess I need to keep reading lol!

I bet Misty gets hot in summer with that coat!
(Ben and Holly say hi to Misty!)

KazzaB said...

Hi Kahless,
Pipped at the post by rosymosie. LOL I have written a lot of poems and normally they have been a bit darker than that one. I really started writing poetry when I first started therapy and it was a way to get feelings out. I might put some of them on here, not sure yet.

It was good to see your comment on my new blog!!

Cheers.......KazzaB